This Sunday we will view the final segment of the documentary, “Selma: The Bridge to the Ballot.” Here are a few questions to consider while you view the documentary:
- Why were ministers from all over the country in Selma? What risks did they take?
- What happened to Rev. James Reeb?
- What was the significance of the barricade around the George Washington Carver Homes?
- Why was President Johnson’s use of the phrase “we shall overcome” meaningful to marchers?
- What was the immediate effect of the passage of the Voting Rights Act?